Wear your Ideas! Who is behind our clothes?
Want to learn more about who and what is behind our clothes?
Come to our event organised on the 14th of October 2015 in Brussels during the Belgian Fair Trade Week!
Students and all those interested in the topic will have the opportunity to discuss the main problems and solutions with actors involved in the fight for a fairer textile supply chain.
WFTO-Europe’s main partners for this project are:
- Oxfam-Magasins du Monde – non-profit organization promoting Fair Trade;
- Fashion Revolution – a global coalition of designers, academics, writers, business leaders and parliamentarians calling for systemic reform of the fashion supply chain;
- Clean Clothes Campaign – dedicated to improving working conditions and supporting the empowerment of workers in the global garment and sportswear industries through lobbying and awareness-raising.
Together with the partners, a local authority (a representative of the City of Ghent), as well as a representative of the Cambodian Trade Union and Roopa Metha, an artisan from Sasha, a WFTO member organisation, we are going to discuss the main problems existing in the textile supply chains and the actions which can be undertaken for a more sustainable situation.
The debate will be moderated by Peter Möhringer, Project Coordinator at the Fair Trade Advocacy Office.
The programme of the event:
- 6.00-6.30pm: Welcome and registration
- 6.30-7.00pm: Introductory session with the screening of the True Cost film trailer and discussions with Roopa Metha from Sasha and the Kong Athit, Cambodian Trade Union representative
- 7.00-8.00pm: Panel debate with the participation of representatives of the partner organizations as well as the representative of the City of Ghent to share the best practices on how local authorities can promote ethical products.
- 8.00-8.30pm: Q&A session and Wrap up session
The event will be in English and free of charge. Fair Trade juice will be provided.
If you want to take part in the event, please register here
Download the Wear_Your_Ideas_poster.
The event will be part of the Belgian Fair Trade Week, an initiative of the Belgian Development Agency. For more information about other events organised during this week, please visit www.semaineducommerceequitable.be