Join the #LiveFair social media action
Calling online superheroes!
In the lead up to the World Fair Trade Day on 12 May 2018, we are running a social media action to promote fair consumption through the message ‘Live Fair, one product at a time.’ We are inviting the online community to help spread the #LiveFair message.
Easy steps to use your social media powers:
- On your mobile phone, use the Live Fair Facebook camera effect to take photos and videos with the #LiveFair frame. You can use the camera effect for your Facebook, Twitter and Instagram posts, see below samples.
- Use our hashtags #LiveFair and ##FairTradeDay to spread the word
Camera effect shortcuts: 'I Live Fair ' and 'We Live Fair'
Why #LiveFair and fair consumption
There are lots of reasons, to mention five big ones below:
- Empower workers and producers – help eradicate poverty by supporting products that promotes sustainable livelihoods for workers and producers.
- Advocate responsible production and management of natural resources – the world resources are finite. We cannot continue buying things that exploit the planet.
- Promote fair practices in the supply chains – inequalities in the supply chains are rife. You can end this through Fair Trade.
- Uphold gender equality - Fair Trade is an enabling concept that encourages women empowerment and enjoyment of women’s rights, two important pre-conditions of gender equality. A recent survey from an ongoing study revealed that Fair Trade enterprises have more women leaders compared to conventional businesses.
- Boost fair and ethical economy - supporting Fair Trade products encourages bottom-up social entrepreneurships.