Md Islam Design Awards
In April, WFTO launched internally among its members the 9th Mohammed Islam Design Awards. Design entries are open until 30 October 2017.
| ALLPA (Peru) won the Best Design Home Ware and Textiles (2015 Milan)|
for its Manta Ñawi Alpaca throw.
Open only to WFTO members, there are five categories:
- Best new home ware product (including household textiles)
- Best new fashion accessory (which may include jewellery)
- Best new product made of recycled materials
- Best new consumer food or beverage packaging
- Best new Christmas decoration
This competition is held biennially during the WFTO conference to encourage members to excel in products design, and to transform their products to become more competitive in the market in terms of timeliness, quality and price.
This competition was named in honour of the late Mohammed Islam of the Oxfam Fair Trade Company. Islam was key in building a network of Fair Trade organisations in Bangladesh and around the world. Interested WFTO members may contact here.